Microcurrent is the perfect solution for the person who is concerned about the aged appearance of their face, but would like to avoid surgery of invasive procedures. Microcurrent achieves a healthier, younger, toned and refreshed appearance. Microcurrent is a low level of current which mirrors the body’s own natural electrical impulses. These impulses which help maintain muscle tone and skin elasticity slow down as our bodies age In conjunction with specialized products and manual manipulations of more than 30 muscles, a Microcurrent treatment stimulates your body’s natural currents resulting in visible firming of muscles and smoothing of the skin.
- Softens the nasal-labial fold and smile-lines
- Subtle lifting of the eyelids that droop with age
- Smooths the eye area
- Lifts and firms the muscles along the jaw line and neck area
- Minimizes the jowls
- Overall contours of the face appear youthful
- Improvement in facial muscle tone
- Skin is hydrated and revitalized
Is Microcurrent safe? The treatments are non-invasive and completely safe. Except Conditions where treatment is contraindicated (absolute)
Does it hurt? A mild tingling may be felt. Most clients find the procedure relaxing.
How long is a session? Approximately one hour.
How many sessions will I need? This depends on the individual and will be determined during your initial consultation, but generally a course of 12 sessions is recommended. Two sessions are scheduled per week, although some clients start with three sessions a week for the first two weeks.
Will the results last? A booster session every four weeks is required to maintain results. This can be worked into your relaxing monthly facial.
Can I combine this with other cosmetic procedures? Yes – Microcurrent will compliment other cosmetic procedures and enhance their results.
What does a session cost? $150 1st visit ….Series of twelve /$1200 A course of 12 treatments generally achieves desired results; however, the exact number of sessions is specific to each client. Monthly follow-up sessions are recommended to maintain results.
What to expect during a Micro-current Appointment
- Jewelry needs to be removed and if you are wearing a high neckline, you will be given a spa robe to change into (otherwise a towel will be used to protect your clothing).
- You will be made comfortable on the facial bed and your skin will be cleansed although care will be made to keep your mascara and eyeliner in place.
- The muscle-stimulation portion of the treatment takes a little over half an hour. During the early sessions you may not feel the current. However as you progress during your course, you will experience a tingling sensation at the higher levels.
- After the muscle lifting portion of the treatment, concentrated product will be introduced to your skin . A finishing cream is applied to end the treatment.
Dr Perricone: “By tightening and toning with micro-current, the face looks younger, increases volume and overall reduces wrinkles.”
Dr Peter Hanson: “Muscles are restored to their youthful form, not cut or altered.”