What is High Frequency?
High frequency is used by esthetcians to help treat and prevent stubborn acne, shrink enlarged pores, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and cellulite, de-congest puffy eyes, fade dark eye circles and even rejuvenate the condition of the scalp for improved hair growth. Considered a timeless and essential skin rejuvenating treatment in the skin care industry.
High frequency stimulates cell renewal and assists with improved skin care product penetration and absorption by gently warming the tissues of the skin.
Indirect High Frequency benefits the following skin conditions:
- Aging or prematurely aging skin
- Dry and lackluster skin
- Post-operative skin
- Recent scar tissue (between 4-9 months)
- Clients who dislike firm pressure massage
- Clients with loose or flaccid skin
High frequency benefits the skin by aiding in the penetration of treatment creams/serums/complexes by increasing the blood flow in certain areas. It regenerates the skin, re-energizes stressed skin, and assists in massage for aging skin using the indirect method.
Is High frequency treatments safe?
High frequency facials are considered a safe and gentle therapeutic approach to skin rejuvenation, however, the following contraindications should be noted:
- Avoid using AHA or Glycolic Acid products with high frequecny as they may over-dry the skin.
- Avoid treating areas of broken capillaries, spider veins, and rosacea as high frequency may exacerbate these conditions
- Do not use if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker or history of heart disease
- Avoid wearing metal jewelry during high frequency treatment to avoid risk of shock
- Never operate high frequency with a broken bulb
- Do not use outdoors, near water or around combustible substances